ALL CHANGE - Our transition Play in a Day for year 5, 6 & 7 children
Konflux Theatre's popular transition project ties in with SEAL as it covers 'managing change', 'working together' and 'going for goals'.
The workshop focuses on raising children's aspirations and ambition whilst introducing them to further and higher education, their new life in secondary school and then ultimately the world of work.
All Change is an attempt to excite children about what's to come in secondary school, and aims to plans a 'positive seed' about the futures of the children participating in the day (and also the children watching the final end-of-day performance).
- To sow the seeds of life-long learning - helping children want what they need.
- To demystify the world of employment, further and higher education.
- To introduce the concept of the 'learning journey', and to give primary school children an insight in college and University life.
- To encourage children to see further and higher education as an achievable future goal.
- To increase teachers' knowledge of routes available to young people from the age of 14-19.
The Play in a Day will be fun and enjoyable, where the children will be relaxed and confident in their activities. All jargon will be broken down so that children and parents become familiar with the language of employment, training, further and higher education.
Please call 01937 832740 for more information on how this can be adapted for transition projects within secondary schools.
For more information please call Rebecca on 01937 832740 or email email@example.com